Jomblang Cave Tour
Jomblang Cave Tour With Private Car & Driver
The Jomblang Cave Tour is an Indiana Jones style adventure (ok, maybe Lara Croft). You’ll be lowered 60 meters into a sinkhole. Explore a hidden forest. Trek for more than 50 meters through a dark tunnel using only a flashlight. At the end of the tunnel you’ll enter a cave the size of a cathedral. A beam of light coming from a hole in the roof cuts through the darkness. As soon as you step into the light you’ll level up or get a great photo. In the afternoon you can take a traditional cable car over the ocean in Timang Beach, go cave tubing or visit a waterfall.
The Gua Jomblang tour starts at 7:30 am and lasts a full day. You do the caving in the morning and an additional activity in the afternoon. Popular places to visit include Gua Pindul where you can do cave tubing and Timang Beach. You’ll need a car for this day tour. We’ll arrange a 12 hour car rental with gas and an English speaking driver for you. The cost of the car rental is Rp 600,000. This tour will be one of the highlights of your holiday. Take some time to review the table below for more information about the Gua Jomblang Tour. Fill in the form below to make the booking.
Visit: Car Rental With Driver Price
The cost for Gua Jomblang is for caving and 12 hour car rental with gas and an English speaking driver. You can’t book Goa Jomblang without arranging a car rental.
- 1 Person: Rp 850.000* shared transport only visit Jomblang. Min 2 participants. Visit Gua Jomblang only.
- 2 People: Rp 1.600.000
- 3 People: Rp 2.100.000
- 4 People: Rp 2.600.000
A group more than 4 people? Please get in touch with us through WhatsApp / Email by filling up the form at the end of the page.
- Pick up from your hotel at 6:30-7:30 am. Depends on the traffic (we’ll let you know!)
- Start caving at Gua Jomblang at 9:30 am. Gearing up, and briefing.
- Finish caving at Gua Jomblang at 12:30 noon.
- Eat a light lunch.*
Popular Activities for After Lunch
- Go cave tubing at Gua Pindul
- Light trekking at Nglanggeran Volcano.
- Visit Timang Beach.
- Visit Sri Gethuk Waterfall.
*This option is not available for the shared transport.
*If you want you can return to Yogyakarta directly after lunch. You’ll get back to the city around 2:30-3pm.
- Transport with English Speaking Driver
- Safety equipment. Includes the rubber boots (please bring your own socks).
- Local lunch box.
- 12 hour private car rental with driver (cost Rp 600,000).
- Additional food and drink.
- Parking fees (additional Rp 15,000)
Price for Activities:
- Cave tubing at Gua Pindul: Rp 110,000 per person.
- Light trekking at Nglanggeran Volcano: Rp 30,000 per person.
- Sri Gethuk Waterfall: Rp 45,000 per person.
- Timang Beach: Rp 200,000 per person for the cable cart. You will need to take a motorbike taxi on the last bit, cost Rp 50,000-Rp 75,000 per person.
- Visit the beaches of Gunung Kidul.
You’ll Always Remember:
- The adrenaline rush as you are lowered 60 meters into a sinkhole.
- A hidden jungle surrounded by a labyrinth of caves.
- The ultimate photo as you stand silhouetted in the light of Grubug Cave.
The Important Facts
The Jomblang Cave Tour package is a one day tour. Our driver will pick you up from your hotel and take you to the caves. It’s a 90 minute drive from Yogyakarta to the Goa Jomblang resort. When you arrive you have a safety briefing and you’ll be provided with a helmet, rubber boots and the safety harness you get lowered in.
To enter the caves you need to be lowered 60 meters over the edge of a cliff. It’s a 60 meter drop to the bottom of the sinkhole. Strapped into your safety harness you’ll be lowered into the forest. It is a bit scary, but it’s perfectly safe. When you arrive at the bottom you trek through a tunnel to Goa Jomblang cave. You’ll have 30-60 minutes to explore the cave before returning to the surface.
From start to finish the Goa Jomblang caving takes around 3 hours. The only time you can do this tour in the morning. They provide you with lunch after the caving. You can combine Goa Jomblang with one of a range of other activities. Some of the favourites include visiting Goa Pindul where you can go cave tubing and going to Timang Beach for the cable car. Whatever activity you choose to do in the afternoon, at the end of the day the driver will drop you off back at your hotel in Yogyakarta.
Gua Jomblang is one of the tourism highlights of Yogyakarta. It’s a great experience, you’ll get amazing photos and I wouldn’t be surprised if it ends up being the highlight of your holiday. We can make all the arrangements for you. We can also create a customised itinerary if you’d like.There are limited spaces so we recommend booking in advance. To arrange you Gua Jomblang fill in the form below.